Lambeth Emergency Support Scheme
Help from the scheme
This scheme provides short term in-kind support wherever possible rather than cash grants and is only available to those:
- experiencing a crisis or an emergency
- being resettled into the community following a period in institutional or residential care
- needing support to prevent them from entering institutional or residential care
- families under exceptional pressure
- setting up home as part of a planned resettlement.
The Emergency Support Scheme is intended to act as a safety net for those who do not have access to any other form of support. If it is assessed that an applicant might qualify for support from DWP (eg: a budgeting loan, hardship payment or short term advance on benefits) then the application may be refused until the applicant is able to demonstrate that DWP support cannot be obtained.
Special dispensation is available for people moving and needing support with household items/relocation due to the benefit cap or bedroom tax or for those moving out of our supported housing pathway - your support worker can advise you about this as needed.
Click here to find out more about the types of support available.
Applying for help through Lambeth Emergency Support Scheme
You will be asked a series of questions which will determine your eligibility for support.
You will not be considered for any support unless:
- you are 16 years of age or over and currently live in Lambeth.
- you have lived in Lambeth for at least six weeks prior to applying (released prisoners and women fleeing domestic violence excepted).
- you are in receipt of certain benefits or credits.
Information you provide to support your application may be shared with the Council’s ‘Every Pound Counts’ advice service so they can contact you with an offer to help you access any additional financial support you can claim from the benefit system.
The fastest way to see if you qualify for any help is to complete this application form. If there are special circumstances which mean that you are unable to complete the application form online, please contact our call centre on 0345 302 2312. Please be advised that there may be a delay involved if calling the call centre.
If you are a City of London resident you must apply through the City of London website. Do not complete this form or contact the call centre.
If you require further help or advice please visit our Benefits page.
If there are special circumstances which mean that you are unable to complete the application form online or you have a general enquiry, you can contact the Call Centre on 0345 302 2312.