Lambeth Business Support Network (LBSN)
The Lambeth Business Support Network (LBSN) is a forum of business support organisations in Lambeth which provide support and assistance to both existing businesses (including social enterprises) and people who wish to start a business.
The main purpose of the LBSN is to assist business support organisations to develop a joined-up, fit-for-purpose, high quality and targeted package of business support services for the business community.
The LBSN's key aims are:
- to improve customer access and understanding of business support services
- to ensure business support is better co-ordinated to avoid duplication, is effectively targeted and is of the highest quality
- to share customer information, referring customers to appropriate members within the network
- to increase the total proportion of Lambeth businesses accessing publicly funded business support.
The network also acts as a useful source of information regarding new legislation and policy affecting businesses.
The LBSN Directory is an easy to use register of business support services available in the borough. Download the Lambeth Business Support Network Directory.
Full membership is open to
- business support organisations with Customer First accreditation or other equivalent industry standard operating in Lambeth
- business support organisations operating in Lambeth committing to achieve Customer First accreditation within the first 12 months of joining the network
- statutory agencies with a business focus (such as Lambeth Council and Lambeth College).
Honorary membership is open to
- business networks and forums
- business improvement districts
- private sector organisations offering business support
- community and voluntary groups with an enterprise focus.
The network will ensure that the honorary members are kept informed of the network and individual member activities. Honorary members will be encouraged to achieve Customer First accreditation in line with regional standards.
Meetings are held once every two months and the agenda covers relevant issues which affect the business support sector. Honorary members may attend meetings but only with the permission of the full members or the Chair.
Lambeth Business Support Network e-bulletin
The Employment and Enterprise team at Lambeth Council produces the Lambeth Business Support e-bulletin on behalf of the Lambeth Business Support Network. This is sent out every month to all members of the network, individual businesses and partner organisations. It contains relevant information about events, training courses, workshops and seminars, business awards and any other information on business support.
Members are encouraged to provide information for future e-bulletins such as an event they are holding, to email@example.com. Members are trusted with the role of distributing this e-bulletin to their wider network which encompasses businesses.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You should clearly state 'Lambeth Business Support Network' in the subject header.