Lambeth Assembly Hall hire
Monday to Thursday
- 8am to 6pm: £98 per hour.
- 6pm to 11pm: £140 per hour.
Friday and Saturday
- 8am to 6pm: £140 per hour.
- 6pm to 2am: £211 per hour.
- 8am to 6pm: £140 per hour.
- 6pm to midnight: £211 per hour.
'Setting up' charges
A maximum of three hours is allowed for setting up the Assembly Hall before an event.
- One hour before the event is free of charge.
- Up to two further hours are allowed at a rate of £20 per hour.
- Any over-run or misuse of this facility shall incur charges at the normal rates.
- Assembly Hall size: 40 feet by 60 feet (excluding the stage).
- Stage size: 24 feet by 13 feet.
- Seating capacity: 300 people.
- Banqueting capacity (sit-down receptions): 200 people.
- Dancing capacity (without chairs or tables): 350 people.
The hall has a sound limit of 95 decibels. If that limit is exceeded the power in the hall will automatically cut off. The power will then restore but it will cut off again if the sound limit is exceeded.
The hall is not suitable to be hired for any event where the sound will exceed the 95 decibel limit.
How to book the Assembly Hall
To book the Assembly Hall or arrange a viewing please contact our corporate facilities management office.
Tel: 020 7926 1010
Fax: 020 7926 2070
Visit: Room 9, Lambeth Town Hall, Brixton Hill, London SW2 1RW
The office is open to visitors Monday to Friday 9am to 12:30pm and 1:30 to 4:30pm.
Reservations and payments
- Bookings are allocated on first-come first-saved basis.
- To reserve the hall you will need to pay a £200 refundable deposit, in cash.
- You must pay for your booking in full at least eight weeks before your event. If you book less than eight weeks before your event you need to pay the full amount in cash immediately.
- If a booking is made two weeks or less before the event, the full amount must be paid in cash at the time of the booking.
- If you cancel your booking at least eight weeks before the event, we will refund you the full amount.
- If you cancel your booking less than eight weeks before the event, we will not give you a refund.
- We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any booking at its sole discretion.
Catering and refreshments for an event in the Assembly Hall
Please order your catering from us on 0207 926 0057. Other catering companies will be refused entry to the building.
Entertainment events and licenses
The Assembly Hall is licensed under the Licensing Act 2003 for the provision of certain forms of entertainment. You can hold entertainment events that are consistent with the terms and conditions of our licence.
Our license does not authorise:
- the sale or supply of alcohol
- the performance of plays, flms and indoor sporting events (including boxing or wrestling)
- sale of hot food or drinks between 11pm and 5am.
If you wish to hold an event that will include the above activities, you need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice from our licensing team. This costs £21. You must apply at least 10 working days before your event.
It is a criminal offence to engage in the above activities without a Temporary Event Notice.
See Temporary Event Notices for more information or call them on 0207 926 6108. You can also email them on email@example.com.