Register to vote
You must be on the electoral register to be able to vote. You can add your name to the register by completing and returning our voter registration form. You can also request a postal vote.
Every year, each property must return a household electoral registration form. This is a form that details who should be registered to vote at that address. We will send you this form in the first week of October.
From November onwards canvassers will be visiting properties that have yet to respond to help them complete their form. It is a legal requirement to complete the form. To help the Council save money please return the form as soon as possible.
You can do this online
You will need to register for a MyLambeth account to amend, add or remove names from the register online. You can also register for a MyLambeth account after registering no changes online.
Register to vote online.
More information about MyLambeth.
Can anyone register to vote in Lambeth?
No - you must be a British, Irish or Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of another European Union state and be resident in Lambeth. For more information see the list of eligible countries.
You must be over 18 years old to vote. However, you can register if you are 16 or 17. Your name will be shown with the date of your eighteenth birthday, after which you will be able to vote in elections in the borough.
Monthly rolling registration
You can get your name added to the register each month under the rolling register that apply from December to August each year.
The submission dates (for receiving your completed registration form) and electoral roll effective dates (when your name will appear on the electoral roll) are listed below.
- Form received by 11/12/2012 -- details changed on 03/01/2013
- Form received by 10/01/2013 -- details changed on 01/02/2013
- Form received by 07/02/2013 -- details changed on 01/03/2013
- Form received by11/03/2013 -- details changed on 02/04/2013
- Form received by 09/04/2013 -- details changed on 01/05/2013
- Form received by 10/05/2013 -- details changed on 03/06/2013
- Form received by 07/06/2013 -- details changed on 01/07/2013
- Form received by 10/07/2013 -- details changed on 01/08/2013
- Form received by 09/08/2013 -- details changed on 02/09/2013
- Form received by 09/09/2013 -- details changed on 01/10/2013
- Form received by 10/10/2013 -- details changed on 01/11/2013
Postal and proxy votes
- If you require a postal vote, please complete and return the postal vote application form.
- If you need to vote by proxy please contact the Electoral Services team using the details below. They will send you the relevant form for completion.
If you have any queries regarding your registration please call our Electoral Services team on 020 7926 2254 or email them at: email@example.com.