Your local councillors are elected by the community to decide how the council should carry out its various activities.
Find your councillor and ward
To find your councillor and ward go to:
To find your councillor and ward by postcode go to:
To view information and contact details for all councillors go to:
What does my councillor do?
- is responsible for how nearly £300 million is spent every year on public services
- represents public interest as well as individuals living within the ward in which they have been elected
- has regular contact with the general public through council meetings, telephone calls or surgeries.
What can my councillor do for me?
- provide help and advice on any concerns or problems relating to council services, that you feel are important, face-to-face, in regular surgeries and follow up on the issues raised
- represent your community within the council and to other organisations
- develop links with all parts of the community
- support local partnerships and organisations
- campaign on local issues.
Your councillor is not paid a salary for their work but does receive allowances. By law, all members of the council are required to complete a declaration of interest form, the details of which are published annually.
Councillors' (members') allowances
Register of interests, gifts and hospitality
Councillors' (members') pensions
All elected members are now eligible to join the Lambeth Pension Scheme.
Please read the following information:
Download the application form if you wish to apply to join the Lambeth Pension Scheme.