What is the Lambeth Promise?
We want you to know the council is on your side. And to give you confidence that you will receive an excellent service every time you contact us, use our services or do business with us, we've created the Lambeth Promise.
The Lambeth Promise sets the standard of care that you should expect from us through a series of pledges that we have adopted as a key part of delivering our services.
The Lambeth Promise
Lambeth Council is committed to ensuring you receive a high level of service. We will be helpful, open and honest with you and always aim to make a real difference.
We pledge to:
- treat you as an individual with dignity, fairness, courtesy and respect at all times
- make every effort to get it right first time. When we can't help you straight away we will let you know why and when we will be able to help
- say sorry if things go wrong. We'll listen to you and tell you how we'll try and put things right and learn from it
- work with you to develop your trust and confidence in our services
- respond to your requests, comments and complaints promptly.
Lambeth Promise video
To find out more about the Lambeth Promise and what it means for our customers have a look at our video.
Woodmansterne children's centre in Streatham has had a huge impact on the local community by providing advice and support to families with children under five years old. Find out how this facility has made a difference to local parents and their young children by fulfilling our pledge to work with our customers to develop their trust and confidence in our services.