The Elmgreen School
The Elmgreen School is the first parent promoted school in the country and the first local authority school to be built in Lambeth for over forty years.
A parent promoted school is developed jointly between parents, local authority and partners. Parents work closely with the governing body sharing ideas about the development of the school.
The new school provides 900 11 to 16-year-old places (including a 30-place Hearing Impaired Unit) and a 200-place sixth form. The school opened in 2007 and operated on an interim site until the move to the permanent site in September 2009.
The new two-storey building designed by Scott Brownrigg and built by Carillion provides:
- state-of-the-art library and learning facilities
- intelligent and flexible use of space
- excellent ICT facilities
- sustainable energy features
- partnership room with IT facilities for parents and carers
- seven-a-side floodlit football pitch
Head: Mr John Wilkinson
London, SE27 9BZ
Tel: 020 8766 5020