Free school meals
Free school meals are available to children whose parents or guardians can prove that they are currently receiving one of the following:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment finishes or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week.
- have a child who is attending a Lambeth school regardless of where they live, and
- apply for free schools meals every twelve months.
How to apply
Parents should contact their child's school directly, even if it is outside the Borough, for details of how to apply and for an application form.
You can also download a free school application form for you to fill in and return to your school.
You can find out about school meals and Lambeth's food and health policy on the school meals pages.