Children's play areas
We look after 33 children's play areas and six paddling pools throughout the borough.
It's our policy to ensure:
- equipment is provided for a wide range of ages
- larger play areas have a toilet
- public consultation takes place prior to major refurbishment
- there is an active programme of improvements
- all play areas are dog-free and have signage clearly displayed with rules of conduct and good behaviour
- regular safety audits are conducted
- all play areas are cleaned and checked daily.
Paddling Pools and Wet Play Areas
Paddling pools and wet play areas are provided at the following sites:
- Agnes Riley Gardens
- Brockwell Park
- Clapham Common
- Myatt's Fields Park
- Ruskin Park
- Streatham Common.
A new wet play area is also being developed at Norwood Park.
Paddling pools and wet play areas are normally open from Late May Bank Holiday to 30 September. During this period they are usually available from 12 noon until one hour before normal park closing time.
If you find a pool closed during normal opening times, then this will be to allow us to undertake emergency repairs or address problems which affect children's safety and wellbeing.
We aim to keep these 'down times' to the absolute minimum and re-open the facility as soon as it is safe to do so. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
See the parks and green spaces in Lambeth page to find out which parks have children's play areas and paddling pools.
Most of our play areas and paddling pools are wheelchair accessible and Disability Discrimination Act compliant. Please call to check the facilities available.
Telephone 020 7926 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.