Get involved - Nine Elms
The scale of development anticipated in Nine Elms will have an impact on people already living and working in the area, as well as those who pass through or visit regularly. We will let you know all the different ways you can get involved and have your say on how the area changes. We will also keep you informed about the opportunities that may come from development, such as jobs or improvements to public spaces.
Lambeth Council is preparing a supplementary planning document (SPD) for the Vauxhall and Albert Embankment area, which falls within the Nine Elms regeneration area.
Lambeth Community Forum
The Lambeth Community Forum is an opportunity for local people to find out more about, and comment on, the Vauxhall Nine Elms Battersea project.
Two events have been held so far: one in January 2011 and one in May 2011. View the presentation from the May 2011 Lambeth Community Forum.
VNEB open days
Two open days were held in November 2011 to provide residents and businesses with an opportunity to discuss the proposals and find out the latest information. The free and open to all events were very well attended and offered, amongst other things:
- the latest information about the VNEB redevelopments
- an update on the Northern line extension
- a chance to learn more about proposed improvements for pedestrians, cyclists and local public transport users
- information about planned improvements to existing streets and a new linear park
- a 3D model of the whole VNEB area
- an opportunity to discuss the proposals with the VNEB strategy board.
Northern line extension consultation results
Throughout 2010 and 2011 we asked to hear from you about the proposed Northern line extension from Kennington via Nine Elms to Battersea. The extension is very much part of the Vauxhall Nine Elms Battersea regeneration process.
View the Northern line extension consultation results.