Lambeth Reuse and Recycling Centre
The Lambeth Reuse and Recycling Centre is a free facility for all residents to dispose of a wide range of reusable and recyclable items. You do not need to bring any ID or proof of residency to use the site and can bring waste in on foot or by car.
Only cars are accepted on site - no vans or commercial vehicles. If you are a Registered Charity or school and would like to deposit recyclable waste at the site please contact us. We will normally be able to offer you a permit for free disposal.
Address: Vale Street, West Norwood, SE27 9PA (behind West Norwood cemetery).
Telephone: 020 7926 9000
Bus: The 322 bus stops outside the site.
- Monday, Thursday and Friday 7.30am to 4.30pm
- Saturday and Sunday 8am to 5pm
- Closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day
Please be aware that this site is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
What can I recycle?
You can recycle the following items at Lambeth Reuse and Recycling Centre. Everything is recycled unless stated otherwise.
- Aerosols (empty)
- Aluminium foil (no crisp packets)
- Batteries (all types)
- Bicycles - for reuse by Cycooldelic and Bling Ya Bike
- Books - for re-sale by the British Heart Foundation
- Cans (please rinse food tins)
- Car batteries
- Cardboard and card
- Carpet (no underlay please)
- Cooking oil
- Cds and DVDs - for re-sale by the British Heart Foundation
- Electrical and electronic equipment
- Engine oil
- Fire extinguishers (empty)
- Flat glass (window glass; no window / door frames, mesh reinforced glass, pyrex-type glass or mirrors)
- Fluorescent tubes
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Glass bottles and jars (no pyrex)
- Hard plastics (e.g. dustbins, large plant pots, trays, garden furniture, outdoor toys (NOT small children's toys - tea sets, cars, plastic building blocks and action figures) UPVC windows, plastic down pipes, guttering but NOT soffits, fascias or waste pipes.
- Inkjet and laser printer cartridges
- Large tins
- Lightbulbs (all types, 'normal' bulbs and energy efficient ones)
- Metal (all items made from metal or that are mostly metal)
- Mobile phones
- Mobile phone chargers
- Paper (no shredded paper or wallpaper)
- Plastic bottles
- Plastic pots, tubs and trays from food (e.g. yogurt pots, ice-cream tubs, meat trays)
- Spectacles - for re-distributution to those who need them
- Textiles (e.g. curtains, sheets, blankets; no duvets, pillows or sleeping bags).
- Tools (garden hand tools such as spades, forks, rakes etc. These will be refurbished by inmates at HMP Wandsworth and donated to community projects)
- VHS video tapes - Unfortunately, we do not currently have an outlet for VHS tapes and cannot accept them until further notice.
- White metal goods
- Wood (timber, mdf, ply, chipboard, OSB, hardboard, blockboard and any furniture made from these)
- Yellow pages
Please note that from the 19th November the large container that is currently used for mixed recycling, will be for paper and cardboard only. You will still be able to recycle glass bottles and jars, tins and cans, plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays and drink cartons in the newly provided wheeled bins. Site staff will be happy to assist you.
Why do we only accept recyclable waste?
In 2009 we stopped accepting general waste so that we could expand the range of recyclable materials and stop the illegal deposit of commercial waste.
How do I dispose of non-recyclable rubbish?
To dispose of non-recyclable rubbish you can:
- use kerbside or estate refuse bins. We make regular collections and take all of your general rubbish. See refuse collections for more information.
- use our bulky waste service to dispose of larger items such as washing machines, fridges or mattresses. See bulky collections for more information.
- arrange a free collection to dispose of bonded asbestos or packaged chemicals. See hazardous waste for more information.
- use Smugglers Way Reuse and Recycling Centre. Local businesses and residents can take non-recyclable waste and recycling to this centre.