We issue licences for special and temporary structures to ensure they are designed, constructed and maintained safely, for example, marquees, flag poles and advertising boards.
Temporary structures are covered by the London Building Acts (A) Act 1939 Part IV - Section 30. We need to give consent for a temporary structure to be erected.
What is a temporary structure?
- Adventure playgrounds
- Advertisement hoardings and signs on the face of a building
- Bridges connecting buildings
- Chain link over 3 metres high
- Covered ways
- Extensions stages for concerts and events (outside)
- Flag poles
- Floodlight tower
- Flues and ducts freestanding or attached to a buildings
- Freestanding signs
- Freestanding staircases
- Freestanding walls less than 2m high
- Hoists and lifts
- Radio relay / transmission assemblies.
Making an application
You can download an application form:
London Building Acts (A) Act 1939 Part IV - Section 30 - Special and Temporary Buildings and Structures
Please refer to our fee sheet for details or call us on 020 7926 9000.
London Building Acts (A) 1939 Section 30 Charges
The fee must be sent in with your application.
All fees must be paid by cash or cheque only. Cheques should be made payable to 'London Borough of Lambeth'.
Who to contact
The Building Control Department has relocated.
Our address is Phoenix House, 10 Wandsworth Road, London SW8 2LL. Please note that telephone and email contact details remain the same.
10 Wandsworth Road
Phone: 020 7926 9000
Fax: 020 7926 0530