The Spires Centre
Day centre for homeless and disadvantaged people.
- Rough Sleepers drop-in with assessment, referrals, showers, clothing and breakfast. Tuesday 9am-10.30am, Wednesday 10am-12noon) Thursday 9am-1.00pm, Friday 9am-10.30am.
- JCP advice on welfare benefits. Tuesday 10.30am-1.30pm weekly.
- Assessment and Referrals to suitable accommodation. Tuesday 9am-10.30am, Wednesday 10am-12noon) Thursday 9am-1.00pm, Friday 9am-10.30am.
- Primary healthcare nurse. Tuesday 10.30am-1.30pm weekly.
- Vulnerable women-only drop-in. Monday 8am-12noon, Friday 10.30am-1.30pm.
- Adult Learning Centre, courses and qualifications, 3 terms per year, including literacy, IT, volunteer training, visual art workshops, creative writing, music.
Spires does not have its own accommodation.
Who is it for
Homeless people and other disadvantaged groups, including rough sleepers and women involved in street based sex work.
Drop-in, phone or email.
Address: 8 Tooting Bec Gardens, Streatham, London, SW16 1RB
Phone: 020 8696 0943
Fax: 020 8696 9627
- Monday: 8am - 12 noon vulnerable women-only drop in.
- Tuesday: 9am - 10.30am rough sleepers drop-in
- Tuesday: 10.30am - 2.00pm open access drop-in
- Wednesday: 10am - 12noon rough sleepers drop in
- Thursday: 9am - 1.00pm rough sleepers drop-in
- Friday: 9am - 10.30am rough sleepers drop-in
- Friday: 10.30am - 1.30pm vulnerable women-only drop-in
Spires Streetlink outreach sessions for women involved in street based sex work in Lambeth
- Monday: 5.00am – 8.00am
- Monday: 9.30pm – 1.30am
- Thursday: 9.30pm – 1.30am
- Friday: 9.30pm – 1.30am
For all Adult Learning sessions please contact Spires on 020 8696 0943. Times available on a termly basis.
- Train: Streatham train station is five minutes walk
- Buses: 57, 109, 118, 133, 159, 201, 250, P13, 319, 249