Housing options and advice service
Our Housing Options and Advice service provides help and advice to Lambeth residents on a range of housing issues. These include finding somewhere to live in Lambeth and problems with your existing living arrangements.
Dedicated housing advisers can help you explore the different options for finding a home that are available to resolve your housing issues.
What is the service for
Free advice is available if you:
- want general advice about a housing matter
- are faced with losing your home now or in the near future
- are worried about losing your home in the future
- are already homeless
- want advice and information about your housing options.
Make an appointment with an adviser
We can often help straight away by offering advice over the telephone. We will usually arrange for you to see an adviser who will talk to you about your housing needs in private. You are welcome to bring a friend with you if you wish. To make an appointment or for more information:
Contact: Housing Options and Advice Service
Tel: 020 7926 4200
How to prepare for your appointment
You will need to bring relevant information and documents to the interview with you, for example:
- your tenancy agreement
- notice to quit your home and/or court order
- the name and address of your landlord
- wage slips
- details of other income such as benefits, pensions etc
- mortgage and secured loans agreements
- National Insurance number
- birth or marriage certificate
- details of social worker or support worker
- relevant medical information
- proof of pregnancy if applicable.
The Housing Options and Advice service can advise you which documents you need to bring.