Join our Libraries
It is free to join Lambeth libraries. Join now:
You can also pick up an application form from any Lambeth library.
If you join in person at a library, you will need to show one document as proof of your name and address. The following documents are acceptable as proof:
- Recent utilities bill (last six months)
- Rent/child benefit/pension book
- Current driving licence
- Bank/credit card statement (last six months)
- Building society book.
If you are under 16 years old your parent or carer will need to sign the form for you. If you join online, your membership card will be posted to your parent/carer who will be asked to present proof of address on your first visit to the library.
Using the library
As a library member you can borrow up to a maximum of 15 items or books, including up to 6 audio-visual items (CDs, DVDs, talking books and language courses).
- Borrowing books is free, but there is a small charge for the hire of other items.
- Items can be renewed if they have not been requested by another customer. (To renew by telephone, ring the number in the front of the book you would like to renew.)
- Items which are not on the shelves can be can be requested for a small fee.
- There are charges for items which are not returned on time.
Loans and charges
To see full details of current loan periods and charges download our loans and charges leaflet or ask for one in any library.
Library Loyalty Card
We regret that we are phasing out the Library Loyalty Card. With immediate effect we will not be issuing new cards; we will however honour all existing cards. In the meantime please look out for summer holiday 3 for 2 offers on audio/visual items.