Online resources and library catalogue
Find out about the online resources that Lambeth Libraries offers, browse our online library catalogue and check or renew items you have on loan.
Lambeth Library members can access additional online reference services from home, free of charge.
Library member online services
To use these services, just follow one of the below links and enter your Borrower and PIN number.
When entering your Borrower number, type in all characters after the 'LM P' but do not include any spaces - for example, LMP 0000000 5 is entered as 00000005.
- Online book renewal - You can also renew any books you currently have on loan online.
- Place a request - Use the catalogue to make a request for books, CDs, videos and other materials.
Library member online reference resources
Please click on any of the links below to access a site.
When entering your Borrower barcode, type in all characters including the 'LM P' but do not include any spaces. Letters should be typed in upper case.
- Audio books - A collection of fantastic books for you to download onto your computer or MP3 player. Available from the comfort of your own home, this service is not available through the Libraries People's Network system.
- Public Library Online - Welcome
to the Public Library Online - an online access subscription service offering themed digital bookshelves from a range of publishers offering the best fiction and non-fiction for adults and children. No complicated downloads, DRM or decisions on which device to buy, simply access the books using your existing computer or internet enabled mobile phone in the library and remotely from home or elsewhere.
- Newsbank- Newspaper archive of local and regional newspapers (UK only).
- Oxford ArtOnline - An encyclopaedia of world art from prehistory to the present in over 45,000 articles.
- Oxford Music Online - A collection of dictionaries and reference works for music including sound archives and illustrations.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography - A collection of biographies of the people who have shaped Britain's past and present.
- Oxford English Dictionary Online - The definitive record of the English language.
- Oxford Reference Online - A collection of language and subject reference works: quick search through all at once, or choose from the huge range of works available.
- CANS Advice Notes - Up-to date legal information for anyone with an interest in law. A practical summary of the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
- Times digital Archives - A fully searchable database of the Times newspaper from 1785 to 1985.
- Theory Test Pro - Practise your driving theory test, including hazard perception test and the highway code.
- Go Citizen - An online study resource for candidates preparing for the Life in the UK test or the British Citizenship test.
Other resources / services
- Library catalogue - Use the catalogue to search for books, CDs, videos and other materials.
- People's Network website - This site offers three services: Enquire, Discover and Read.
Enquire - An international real-time and email enquiry service, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Discover - Search for a wide and growing range of resources from a single point, including news services, and library, museum and archive projects, including our very own Landmark website. Discover also allows people to personalise the service, so they can tailor it to their own requirements.
Read - Gives you access to a range of online services related to books and reading, incorporating online and library reading groups and links for people to further explore books and reading through the web.
- www.whichbook.net - Are you stuck for what to read next? Try this fun way to choose your next book - customised just for you.
- www.librarything.com - Share your passion for books with a worldwide audience.
- Money Advice Service - Whatever the situation with your finances, it's good to know where you stand and that you are making the most of what you have. The health check, a new online money adviser from the Money Advice Service , is for everyone and provides free and unbiased help towards providing you with a personalised action plan in just 10 minutes.
Are you ready for more Potter-mania? Pottermore is a free website that builds an exciting online experience around the reading of the Harry Potter books and where new and exciting stories will be published. You can sign up now to join in the fun.