Our street lighting service:
- provides lighting on all roads and footpaths
- regularly inspects, maintains and repairs street lighting
- provides and repairs illuminated traffic signs.
Street lighting improvements
The Lambeth PFI Core Investment Programme (CIP) is now complete and achieved its 5th milestone 4 weeks ahead of target.
The final milestone was achieved in November 2009 with 9,390 new columns in light.
Over 900 streets and 12 parks have been re-lit and the new columns installed.
David Webster Limited (DW) is the service provider of Lambeth Lighting Services.
- brighter and safer streets
- reduction in crime and fear of crime
- reduction in road traffic and personal injury accidents
- increased use of public transport and local facilities at night.
What will the new lights look like?
We are using three street lights around the borough, the standard, embellished and heritage street light.
Find out more about the works
If you have any queries specific to these works please contact the Lambeth Lighting Services Help Line 020 7978 3423.
General enquiries may be referred to Lambeth’s Transport and Highways Call Centre on 020 7926 9000 or email TandHCallCentre@lambeth.gov.uk
Reporting a problem
When you contact us, please provide us with as much information as you can, including what the problem is and a column number if there is one.
You can call 020 7926 9000 or email TandHCallCentre@lambeth.gov.uk
What you can do to help
Report faulty street lights: lights that should not be on during the day, lights that don't come on at night and column covers that have come off.
Our lighting patrols are done at night, so we rely on the public to report lights that should not be on during the day. Our priority is lights that don't work at night.
Our service standards
- If you report a faulty street light, we will repair it within five working days. Please note that we are not responsible for the lighting on red routes. If the faulty street light is on a red route please report this to Transport for London.
- If a light is not working because the electricity supply has failed the repair is the responsibility of the electricity supplier UK Power Network (UKPN). UKPN will generally reinstate a supply within twenty one working days.
For urgent failures such as a road traffic accident or cables or wires exposed there will be a response within 1 hour .
To find out how long it takes to repair street lights on housing estates go to:
Who looks after street lighting?
Lambeth Lighting Services looks after street lighting on our behalf.