This neighbourhood improvement project covers Brixton, Stockwell, Clapham Town, Coldharbour (including part of Herne Hill), Ferndale, Larkhall, Oval and Vassall.
What areas are in the Neighbourhood Enhancement Programme?
This improvement project covers Brixton, Stockwell, Clapham Town, Coldharbour (including part of Herne Hill), Ferndale, Larkhall, Oval and Vassall.
We chose these areas because of road safety concerns and links to existing local projects. If the programme is successful we may be able to offer it in other places in 2014.
How it works
We’ve received funding from Transport for London (TfL) which must be spent on area improvements by spring 2014. We received around £230,000 per area and have engaged the community in detail on how to spend that money.
- Open consultation: We ask for your thoughts on the street you live on by sending us postcards and emails, completing online forms and taking part in meetings and other events.
- Design: Residents and Lambeth Councillors and Officers work together to turn your ideas into practical proposals.
- Public consultation: we invite everybody to tell us which of the proposed improvements they support.
- Statutory consultation: before going ahead with certain improvements we are required by law to consider any objections from the public.
- Build: we put in the improvements to your streets.
What stage are we at?
We have almost finished putting in the improvements in Brixton and Stockwell. Improvements in the Grass Routes area of Vassall ward were completed in March 2013.
We have finished the public consultation in Clapham Town, Coldharbour, Ferndale, Larkhall, Oval and Vassall. Councillors have reviewed the results of these consultations and decided which improvements should go forward (some require statutory consultation first). All improvements will be introduced by March 2014.
The public consultations closed on 4 October. Councillors have reviewed the results of the consultation and decided which improvements should go forward (some require statutory consultation first). All improvements will be introduced by March 2014.
Read the outcome reports (top right of this page) to see how residents responded to the open consultation in each area in April and May 2013 and the public consultation in September and October 2013 and to see what councillors have decided and why.