Local democracy and decision making
Planning Applications Committee
Purpose of committee
Terms of reference
To exercise the functions, powers and duties of the Council in relation to planning and development control matters.
Applications to be determined by the Planning Applications Committee:
1. Applications which are recommended for approval where the application falls within one of the following:
(i) The provision of
dwelling houses where -
(a) The number of dwelling houses to be provided is 10 or more; or
The development is to
be carried out on a site having an area of 0.5 hectare or
(ii) The provision of a building or buildings where the floor space to be created including changes of use, by the development is 1,000 square metres or more; or
(iii) Development carried
out on a site having an area of 1 hectare or more.
2. Applications which are recommended for approval where an objection to the current proposal has been received which is based on material planning grounds, other than those applications where, in the opinion of the Divisional Director Planning or the Head of Development Control:
(i) The objection can be overcome by the imposition of an appropriate condition, and/or
(ii) Where the application clearly complies with the relevant planning policies in which case the decision may be taken by officers.
3. Applications which the Divisional Director Planning or the Head of Development Control wishes to refer to the committee.
4. Any application where a specific written request is made by any Member of the Council for the case to be reported to the Committee.
5. Applications made by the Council for development of land in its ownership that the Council intends to dispose to a third party.
6. Applications which have been submitted by or on behalf of a Member of the Council (or by their spouse or partner) or by a member of the Council’s staff (or by their spouse or partner).
7. Applications for the total or substantial demolition of a listed building.
8. Applications which are recommended for approval where it is proposed to grant permission for a change of use to Class A3 as defined by the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987.
9. Applications which are recommended for approval where it is proposed to grant permission for a proposal which is a significant departure from the policies of the Council's UDP.
10.To authorise, release or modify agreements and undertakings under Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, Section 16 of the GLC (General Powers) Act 1974, Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980 and Section 33 of the Local Government Act 1972 which in the opinion of the Assistant Director of Community Renewal (Town Planning) or the Head of Development Control relate to developments which come within paragraph 1 above.
- Councillor Adedamola Aminu (Substitute)
- Councillor Steve Bradley
- Councillor Jennifer Brathwaite
- Councillor Jeremy Clyne (Substitute)
- Councillor Jane Edbrooke
- Councillor Roger Giess (Substitute)
- Councillor Nigel Haselden (Substitute)
- Councillor Ruth Ling (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor David Malley (Substitute)
- Councillor Julia Memery
- Councillor Diana Morris (Chair)
- Councillor Florence Nosegbe (Substitute)
- Councillor Brian Palmer
- Councillor Jane Pickard (Substitute)
- Councillor John Whelan (Substitute)
Support officer: Nigel Harvey Tel: 020 7926 3136 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.