Do it online (external site)
Who can use this service
You are automatically eligible to apply for a Blue Badge if:
- you receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the disability living allowance
- you receive the Personal Independence Payment and have been awarded 8 points or more under the Moving Around descriptor of the Mobility Component
- you receive a war pensioners' mobility supplement
- you have been awarded a lump sum benefit at tariffs 1-8 of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- you use a motor vehicle supplied for disabled people by a government health department
- you are registered blind
- you have a severe disability in both upper limbs, regularly drive a motor vehicle but cannot turn the steering wheel of a motor vehicle by hand even if that wheel is fitted with a turning knob.
Costs for this service
The cost of a Blue Badge is £10. This will only be charged to successful applicants so please do not send any money with your application.
We will write to you after your application has been processed about whether you need to pay this fee.
What you need to know...
Blue Badge holders can display their badge and park:
- for up to three hours on yellow lines where there are no loading restrictions, providing the clock card is displayed and set to your time of arrival in resident bays, and pay and display bays for an unlimited time
- in bays marked "disabled" for an unlimited time
- free of charge in any parking bay within Lambeth Council operated car parks subject to the time limits that apply to the car park.
Lambeth-only White Badge parking permit
Once you have received your Blue Badge parking permit you will be entitled to apply for Lambeth-only White Badge parking permit. Find out more about White Badge parking permits.
Contact us about your Blue or White Badge parking permit application
Accessible Transport Unit
Olive Morris House
18 Brixton Hill
Telephone: 0207 926 7777