Do it by phone
Who can use this service
Most Lambeth residents, including private home owners, private renters and council tenants/leaseholders (except those living on Lambeth housing management estates - see below).
If you live on a Lambeth housing management estate in Lambeth you will need to arrange your collection through your estate management office instead of the Lambeth Service Centre.
Costs for this service
There is a charge for using Lambeth's bulky waste service:
- £20 each time you use the service for up to four separate items or four bags
- an additional £5 for each extra item collected.
Many bulky items can be disposed of for free at your nearest Reuse and recycling centre.
What you need to know...
We will collect...
- white goods and large electrical items - fridges, freezers, washing machines etc.
- bed frames
- small electrical items
All white goods, metal items and televisions that we collect will be recycled.
We don't collect...
- clinical waste - get rid of healthcare waste
- hazardous waste - get rid of hazardous waste
- car parts
- garden waste
- rubble or building waste.
What to do if you need to cancel your booking
We will provide a refund if you contact us, by phone, at least two working days before your collection date. But please remember if your collection is on a Monday you would need to cancel at the latest on the previous Thursday.
Please make sure you put all items out after 8pm the night before and before 6am on the day of collection. Items that have not been listed and paid for will not be taken. Collection can take place at any time during the day up until 6pm. If collection was not made on the day that it was booked please contact our call centre on 020 7926 9000 to raise a missed collection.
We will advise you of your collection date when you book.
Prepare your items for collection:
- Securely tie together any loose items, such as wood, or put loose items in a heavy duty bag (each bag/bundle must weigh no more than 14 kilograms).
- Remove handles from fridges or seal fridges shut so that children cannot get inside.
Place your items for collection:
Place your items outside your property by 6am on your allocated date (no more than 24 hours before).
Please note: only the items you listed when arranging your collection will be picked up.
- Kerbside properties: place your items within the boundary of your property at ground level.
- Estates: place your items where your refuse is usually collected from. Please make sure that they do not block the shared bins as this may delay the collection of your general rubbish.