Do it by phone
Due to a technical fault, we are currently unable to take bulky waste bookings. This is being looked into and will be resolved as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Who can use this service
Most Lambeth residents, including private home owners, private renters and council tenants/leaseholders (except those living on Lambeth Living or United Housing estates - see below).
If you live on a Lambeth Living or United Housing estate in Lambeth you will need to arrange your collection through your estate management office instead of the Lambeth Service Centre.
Costs for this service
There is a charge for using Lambeth's bulky waste service:
- £20 each time you use the service for up to four separate items or four bags
- an additional £5 for each extra item collected.
Many bulky items can be disposed of for free at your nearest Reuse and recycling centre.
What you need to know...
We will collect...
- white goods and large electrical items - fridges, freezers, washing machines etc.
- bed frames
- small electrical items
All white goods, metal items and televisions that we collect will be recycled.
We don't collect...
- clinical waste
- hazardous waste
- car parts
- garden waste
- rubble or building waste.
We will advise you of your collection date when you book.
Prepare your items for collection:
- Securely tie together any loose items, such as wood, or put loose items in a heavy duty bag (each bag/bundle must weigh no more than 14 kilograms).
- Remove handles from fridges or seal fridges shut so that children cannot get inside.
Place your items for collection:
Place your items outside your property by 6am on your allocated date (no more than 24 hours before).
Please note: only the items you listed when arranging your collection will be picked up.
- Kerbside properties: place your items within the boundary of your property at ground level.
- Estates: place your items where your refuse is usually collected from. Please make sure that they do not block the shared bins as this may delay the collection of your general rubbish.