Do it online
Who can use this service
- have a child who is attending a Lambeth school regardless of where they live, and
- apply for free schools meals every 12 months.
You must also be receiving at least one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week.
Children who receive Income Support or Income Based Jobseekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
Universal Credit - during the Universal Credit pathfinder period, which started on 29 April 2013, children of families in receipt of Universal Credit will be entitled to free school meals. When all families are moved to Universal credit the criteria will change. This is yet to be determined by the Department for Education.