Every premises licence that allows the supply of alcohol is required to specify an individual as the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). If your designated premises supervisor (DPS) no longer works at the premises, the premises licence holder will need to apply for a licence variation to specify someone new. Alcohol cannot be sold from the premises if there is no DPS listed on the licence.

The DPS must hold a personal licence, and will usually be the person in day-to-day control of the premises, who authorises other members of staff to sell alcohol.

Do it online

Who can use this service

The current premises licence holder must apply for the variation.

The nominated DPS must complete the consent form.

The leaving DPS must complete the request to be removed.

Apply to remove the need for a DPS

Some community premises can apply to remove the need for a DPS on their licence.

The premises must satisfy several conditions in order to remove the requirement, and an application must be granted before the change can be made. Contact the licensing team for further details, or to discuss if a premises is likely to be eligible to remove this requirement.

Apply to remove the need for a DPS

Costs for this service

There is a £23 fee.

Next Steps

When you have submitted your application please send an email to the Licensing Police at Licensing-LX@met.police.uk, providing the following information:

  • Full name:
  • Date of birth:
  • Place of birth:
  • Name of premises:
  • Type of application submitted: