Information about how to complain about adult social care services.

We want to provide you with the best services possible. But sometimes things may not be as right for you as they should be. If you are unhappy about the service you have received Lambeth Council’s Adult Social Care services, we would like to hear from you and have the chance to put things right. We want to listen and respond to your comments, compliments and complaints and learn from what you tell us about how we can improve our services and prevent problems in the future.

Sections in this guide (click title to view)

1. Giving us your feedback

Your feedback really matter. It helps us improve the way we work. If you want to tell us something about our services, your first step should be to contact the team that is providing the service. If you do not know the telephone number of the team providing your service, please contact us on 020 7926 5555 and one of our customer service advisors will assist you.

Or you can:

  • email us at
  • give your feedback in person to any officer of the council.
  • write to us at London Borough of Lambeth, PO Box 734, Winchester, SO23 5DG

We want to know if

  • you are pleased with the service you are receiving
  • you think we could improve the way we do things
  • you have concerns about the service you have been given.

In most cases, we would expect to hear from you within a year of the issue or incident happening.

2. What to expect if you complain

If you have concerns that cannot be resolved straightaway – this would usually mean within 24 hours – we will:

  • Acknowledge your complaint within three working days.

  • Discuss with you:

    What you are unhappy about.

    What you would like to see happen as a result of your complaint.

    How your complaint will be investigated.

    How long it may take to complete.

  • keep you informed if the investigation takes longer than originally agreed

  • keep in touch with you and check that you are happy with the outcome.

  • provide you with our final response in writing.

If your complaint involves the NHS as well as Adult Social Care we will work together to provide a single response in most cases.

You are welcome to have a friend or relative to help you with your complaint or if you prefer, you can ask us to put you in touch with an organisation, independent of the Council to support you.

3. Taking things further

If you are not happy with the final decision or the way we have dealt with your complaint, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) for their views.

You can contact the LGO:

  • By post at PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH.

  • By phone on 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983.

  • By text message on 0762 480 3014. Text ‘call back’ to this number, and an adviser will call you back.

  • By fax on 024 7682 0001.

  • At their website Local Government Ombudsman

4. Where to get further information

You can find more information in our Adult Social Care Complaints Policy and Procedure.

You can contact us at

Other organisations that can give advice and support include: