Find out about some of the many ways to a happier and healthier you. There are a range of mental health services and organisations that can help you through difficulities you're having with your mental wellbeing.
Sections in this guide (click title to view)
Wellbeing is when you feel good about yourself and your life.
People with higher levels of wellbeing live longer, healthier, happier lives and are more resilient in hard times.
However one in four people will suffer from poor mental health at some point in their life.
- Find out more about how to tackle stress.
- For more support and information visit the NHS counselling website.
- Support and advice if you are feeling lonely.
- Good Thinking provide a range of free tools and resources for those feeling anxious, sleep deprived, stressed, sad or low.
There are also free NHS-approved apps that can help with your mental wellbeing:
- Sleepstation is a 6-week online course for people who struggle to fall asleep or stay asleep through the night.
- Take control of your thoughts, feelings and behaviour with the My Possible Self mental health app. Use the simple learning modules to manage fear, anxiety and stress and tackle unhelpful thinking.
- Learn how to manage feelings like anxiety and depression with Catch It. The app will teach you how to look at problems in a different way, turn negative thoughts into positive ones and improve your mental wellbeing.
- NHS One You also recommend a range of apps to support your wellbeing.
2. Lambeth services
There are a range of mental health services and organisations that can help you through difficulties you're having with your mental wellbeing.
Living Well Network
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM)
Integrated Talking Therapies
Brixton advice centre
Mental health services you can access right away in an emergency situation.
SLaM 24 hour mental health support line
Solidarity in a Crisis
Worried someone else is suicidal?
3. Five ways to wellbeing
These five ways - connect, be active, take notice, keep learning and give - can help you to manage life’s ups and downs.
Try them, they can make a big difference.