Join the community
Having a vibrant community is seen by residents as one of the key things that makes Lambeth a great place to live and community cohesion is very high, with almost nineteen in twenty people saying their local area is a place where people from different backgrounds get on.
Getting involved with our diverse local community is a great way to lead a happy, healthy and fulfilling life.
To find out more about what is going In Lambeth select the heading below that interests you:
- Your Local Care Network - the vehicle for developing a joined up, local approach to individuals’ health and wellbeing.
- The Black Prince Trust - a community hub running a range of health and wellbeing programmes.
- The Lambeth Patient Participation Group Network - the network of patient groups ensuring their voices are heard about issues that matter most to them.
- Healthwatch - have your say in shaping and improving local health and care services.
Older adults and disability services
- Age UK Lambeth is a support service for anyone aged over 55 living in the borough.
- MYsocial.London - a social membership service to help you discover friendships, connect with your community, and do things that make you happy.
- Disability Advice Service Lambeth (DASL) - a Disabled People's Organisation which works with disabled people, including those with mental health support needs, older people and carers.
- Wheels for Wellbeing - an award-winning charity supporting disabled people of all ages and abilities to enjoy the benefits of cycling.
- South London Cares - a charity aimed at bringing together young professionals and people aged 65+ for friendship, activity and fun, in Lambeth and Southwark
- Lambeth Youth Council - the political voice of young people in Lambeth.
- Young Lambeth Coop - a partnership between young people, community members and Lambeth Council to revolutionise the way services for young people are chosen and run.
- Visions of Success - our Children in Care Council made up of young people who are in care or leaving our care.
- The Block WorkOut Foundation - fitness and mentoring sessions to enable young people to lead healthy, happy lives and reach their full potential.
Jobs and opportunities
- Opportunity Lambeth - the innovative new employment support service that makes sure residents are the first to benefit from investment in the borough.
- Work Wise - an employment service we're running with St Mungo’s, funded by the Department of Works and Pensions, to help Lambeth Housing tenants into employment, training or volunteering.
- It's easy to find a volunteering opportunity in Lambeth to meet your interests and skills. Find volunteering opportunities near you.
- GOV.UK also has links to other organisations and websites that offer volunteering opportunities and information on your rights as a volunteer.
The Lambeth Community Hub Network
All member Hubs are run by local volunteers, and are committed to supporting Lambeth’s diverse communities.
Seven Hubs, located across the whole borough, currently make up Lambeth Community Hub Network:
- Carnegie Library Hub
- High Trees Hub
- Minet Hub
- Slade Gardens Hub
- Stockwell Partnership
- WeAre366 Hub
- Woodlawns Hub