You can pay your Council Tax by direct debit, online, by phone, by post, or in person.

If you are experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus, you can apply for Council Tax Support online.

It is important that you pay your council tax, but if you are struggling to do so, you can contact the support team to discuss payment options.

Set up your account

If you've just moved in or become liable for Council Tax at your property:

Register for Council Tax

Choose the 'I am moving into Lambeth' option. You'll complete an online form and you'll get the chance to set up a Direct Debit. We'll then send out your first bill.

Pay by Direct Debit

Setting up a Direct Debit is quick and easy. You'll need your:

  • Council Tax account number
  • bank name, branch and sort code
  • bank account number and name(s) on the account.

Set up a Direct Debit online

To change your Direct Debit, fill in a new form.

You can also set up your Direct Debit over the phone: call 0345 302 2312

Pay online

We accept all major debit and credit cards.

Make a payment online

You'll need your Council Tax reference number - find this on your bill.

mylambeth - online account

See bills online, set up paperless billing, set up or edit Direct Debit and change address for Council Tax through mylambeth.

Sign in or register for a mylambeth account

Pay by phone

Call 020 8290 2086 to pay by credit or debit card.

This automated service is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Pay in person

You can pay by cash, cheque, credit or debit card, Monday to Friday at the kiosks in Lambeth Civic Centre.

You must bring your payment slips or bill with you.

You can also pay at any bank, Post Office or PayPoint outlet.

If paying at a Post Office you will have to pay their standard charge and banks may also charge.

PayPoint outlets take cash payment only but the service is free.

Pay by post

Send us a cheque or postal order made payable to 'London Borough of Lambeth'. Write your account number of the back and enclose a payment slip.

Send the cheque to:

Council Tax
London Borough of Lambeth
PO Box 749
SO23 5DQ

Moving within Lambeth

Tell us if you are moving within the borough.

If you have a mylambeth account, log in, go to your council tax area and tell us about a change of address.

If you don't have a mylambeth account, tell us about your change of address - complete the fields at the bottom of the moving into or out of your home page.

Moving out

If you are moving out, tell us so we can calculate any remaining owed Council Tax or refund, and update our records.

There are two ways to do this:

If you have a mylambeth account, log in, go to your Council Tax area and tell us about a change of address.

If you do not have a mylambeth account, complete our online moving out form.