If you get income-based jobseeker's allowance or income related employment and support allowance, guaranteed pension credit or income support, you may get your full eligible rent paid.
If you do not get these benefits the amount of housing benefit you get depends on:
- the amount of eligible rent you pay
- how many people live with you
- your personal circumstances
- how much money you have coming in
- how much you have in savings.
Before you submit your claim you should read our information about the proof you will need to supply when making a benefit claim:
Sections in this guide (click title to view)
1. Calculate and apply for housing benefit online
2. Apply for housing benefit using a paper form
You can download and complete the housing benefit support claim form:
Send the completed form to:
Revenues and Benefits Department
Brixton Customer Centre
18 Brixton Hill