Get help with paying your rent and Council Tax and see what other benefits or financial support you may be able to claim.
Topics in Benefits and support
Get advice on which benefits you can claim or may be entitled to.
Council Tax Support
See if you're eligible for help with paying your Council Tax, tell us about changes and send us evidence for your claim.
Extra financial help and support
Discretionary payments for housing and council tax support, and other short term financial help and support.
Housing Benefit and Universal Credit
See if you're eligible for Housing Benefit or Universal Credit for help with paying rent and tell us about changes to your claim.
- Apply for Housing Benefit
- Appeal your claim decision
- Apply for a discretionary housing payment (DHP)
- Apply to have your claim backdated
- Book an appointment at a customer centre
- Calculate your local housing allowance (LHA)
- Check your claim online
- Pay back a housing benefit overpayment
- Report a change in circumstance
- Report fraud
- Send evidence for a change in circumstances
- Send evidence for a Housing Benefit and, or Council Tax Support claim
- Send us proof of your earnings for your claim