Complete this form to apply for DCTSHP - extra financial help to pay your Council Tax bill.

Do it online

Who can use this service

To claim a DCTSHP you must usually be receiving Council Tax Support.

You can't claim a DCTSHP if you have reached pensionable age as the amount of Council Tax Support you can claim as a pensioner is greater than that for someone of working age.

What you need to know...

When you fill in the form we'll ask you to explain your circumstances and why a DCTSHP will help you.

You'll need the following information to hand to help you complete the form:

  • your Council Tax Support / Housing Benefit claim reference number (this starts with an 8)
  • evidence to support your claim.

You can upload scanned documents or digital photos on your form to support your claim.

Please ensure your camera is focused and photos are clear. If a digital photo is blurry and we can't make out the information, we'll ask you to resubmit the evidence which will delay your claim.