If you’re on a low income and paying Council Tax, you may be entitled to Council Tax Support, meaning you pay a reduced amount, or no Council Tax at all. If you've made a claim for Universal Credit, you still need to apply to us for support with your Council Tax.

Apply for Council Tax Support and/or Housing Benefit with a mylambeth account

Managing your Council Tax Support and/or Housing Benefit application in mylambeth allows you to stay up to date. You can:

  • track the status of your claim
  • view your entitlement if you qualify for benefits/support
  • report a change in circumstances
  • get answers to frequently asked questions

To apply via mylambeth, register for a new mylambeth account below.

Apply for Council Tax Support via mylambeth

If you don't want to stay up to date with your application, you can apply by filling in the Council Tax Support claim form.

Who can use this service

You can apply for Council Tax Support if you:

  • are liable to pay Council Tax for your property
  • are living in the property as your main home
  • have less than £10,000 in savings.

Providing evidence

You’ll need to provide evidence about this to support your claim and we’ll tell you what documents we need when you apply.

You'll be able to upload them straight away or come back and do it when you have them.

We need evidence of your income and savings so we can deal with your claim correctly and promptly. You should aim to provide the evidence within a few days of making your claim whenever possible.

Other ways to get help with your Council Tax

Council Tax Support is generally awarded to people on low incomes. If you have a moderate to high income, it’s unlikely that you’ll be entitled to any help.

Some people and properties are exempt from Council Tax. People who do not meet the criteria for Council Tax Support may still be able to reduce their Council Tax by applying for a discount or exemption.

Read about the discounts and exemptions we offer for Council Tax.

Need to apply for Housing Benefit?

You can apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support at the same time if you need help with paying your rent and Council Tax bill.

You'll only need to fill in the online form once to apply for both.

What you need to know...

Open all