Universal Credit (UC) is replacing six other benefits with a single monthly payment if you're out of work or on a low income. Most people will now need to apply for UC instead of Housing Benefit.

For most people, Universal Credit has replaced the following six welfare benefits:

  • Child Tax Credit
  • Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Jobseekers Allowance (Income Based)
  • Working Tax Credit.

If you’re of working age, you must claim Universal Credit to cover what was previously Housing Benefit and other benefits.

Find out how to claim Universal Credit - GOV.UK

Help and advice with Universal Credit claims

You can get advice on Universal Credit from One Lambeth Advice.

There is additional digital support available for Universal Credit claimants at St Luke's Hub, 25A Wincott Street, Kennington, SE11 4NT.

  • Wednesday 1pm to 4pm
  • Friday 10am to 1pm
Open all