For most people, Universal Credit has replaced the following six welfare benefits:
- Child Tax Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Jobseekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Working Tax Credit.
If you’re of working age, you must claim Universal Credit to cover what was previously Housing Benefit and other benefits.
Help and advice with Universal Credit claims
You can get advice on Universal Credit from One Lambeth Advice.
Advising Communities provides help with making and managing Universal Credit claims, as well as money and budgeting advice, at the following locations:
- Monday 10am to 2pm - Kennington Job Centre Plus
- Tuesday 10am to 2pm - Streatham Job Centre Plus
- Thursday 10am to 2pm - Brixton Customer Service Centre
- Friday 10am to 2pm - Brixton Customer Service Centre
All services are drop-ins.
There is additional digital support available for Universal Credit claimants at St Luke's Hub, 25A Wincott Street, Kennington, SE11 4NT.
- Wednesday 1pm to 4pm
- Friday 10am to 1pm