The South Metropolitan Cemetery Company built a crematorium on the site of what is now West Norwood Cemetery in 1915. This building was destroyed by enemy action on 1944, an event that destroyed and damaged many monuments but did not result in any casualties.
In September 1956, a new crematorium was opened on the site currently occupied. This new building offered two chapels, the Hall of Memory, an oak columbarium and a recordia all of which still exist today for memorialisation or quiet reflection.
The Book of Remembrance resides in the Hall of Memory wherein a lasting record may be made and kept in perpetuity of those who have passed away.
The chapels are kept closed when services are not held, but visitors may visit the rest of the building during opening times.
Parking is available across the site.