Do it online
Costs for this service
From 16 February 2019 the statutory cost of all certificates will be £11 each.
What you need to know...
Please bring your discharge notes or "red book" (Personal child health record) to your appointment
For information about registering a birth and what you need to know about the registration process please read our register a birth guide
Did you know?
After registering the birth of your baby there will be instances where you will be asked to provide a birth certificate, so why not save time and get those all-important certificates at the time of registration.
This may be for:
- applying for child tax credits and child benefits
- opening your baby’s first bank account
- applying for your baby’s first passport
- maternity or Paternity leave
- registering your baby with a GP
- applying for visa or embassy requirements.
Your baby might also require certificates later on in life for things like:
- applying for jobs
- school or academic courses
- driver’s license
- family tree records
- marriages and civil partnerships
To make your day extra special we have a range of unique products on offer
- Choose from our fabulous selection of silver or gold photo frames to treasure the memories and protect your baby’s new certificate
- Sophisticated Lambeth crest folder as a keepsake and to protect your baby’s new certificate
- Cute ‘Beth the Lamb’ certificate folder
- Elegant scroll holder to protect the certificate or as a gift for a loved one
- A colourful range of high quality passport holders to protect your baby's new passport or as a gift for someone.
If you are interested in purchasing any of these products please ask at reception on the day of registration