Do it online
What you need to know...
Please bring your discharge notes or "red book" (Personal child health record) to your appointment
For information about registering a birth and what you need to know about the registration process please read our register a birth guide
Save time and money
It’s cheaper to purchase your baby’s birth certificate for £4 each at the time of registration. After this time they will increase to £10. That’s a 60% discount! Save your money and get yours at the time of registration.
Did you know?
After registering the birth of your baby there will be instances where you will be asked to provide a birth certificate, so why not save time and get those all-important certificates at the time of registration. We recommend a minimum of 5 certificates that you will need for a number of different reasons which include:
- Applying for child tax credits and child benefits
- Opening your baby’s first bank account
- Applying for your baby’s first passport
- Maternity or Paternity leave
- Registering your baby with a GP
- Applying for Visa or Embassy requirements
Your baby might also require certificates later on in life for things like:
- Applying for jobs
- School/Academic Courses
- Driver’s license
- Family tree records
- Marriages and Civil Partnerships
To make your day extra special we have a range of unique products on offer
- Choose from our fabulous selection of silver or gold photo frames to treasure the memories and protect your baby’s new certificate
- Sophisticated Lambeth crest folder as a keepsake and to protect your baby’s new certificate
- Cute ‘Beth the Lamb’ certificate folder
- Elegant scroll holder to protect the certificate or as a gift for a loved one
- A colourful range of high quality passport holders to protect your baby's new passport or as a gift for someone.
If you are interested in purchasing any of these products please ask at reception on the day of registration