See Getting married or entering into a civil partnership - guide for information on giving notice.
Do it online
What you need to know...
See Getting married or entering into a civil partnership for information on what documents to bring to your appointment.
Now you have made the decision to marry or enter into a civil partnership, it’s time to get your all-important certificates.
Save time and money!
There will be instances where you and your partner will be asked to provide a marriage or civil partnership certificate, so why not save time and money and get them at the time of registration where you can purchase them for £4 each. After this time they will increase to £10. That’s a 60% discount!
We recommend a minimum of 5 certificates that you will need for a number of different reasons which include:
- Opening a joint bank account
- Mortgages / property holdings
- Life insurance / assurance polices
- Changing your name
- Renewing of vows
- If you decide to adopt a child
- Applying for probate
- Making a will
- Applying for visas if you decide to move abroad
- Divorce proceedings
- Family tree records
To make your day extra special we have a range of unique products on offer
- Choose from our fabulous selection of silver or gold photo frames to treasure the memories
- Sophisticated Lambeth crest folder as a keepsake for your marriage certificate
- Elegant silver and white scroll holder to protect the certificate or as a gift for someone
- If you’re off on your honeymoon perhaps you might be interested in choosing from our range of high quality passport holders to protect your new passport.
If you are interested in purchasing any of these products please ask at reception on the day of registration.
We wish you both the world of happiness and joy on your wedding day!