See Getting married or entering into a civil partnership - guide for information on giving notice.
The Registrars Office will be closing at 1pm on 19 December 2018.
Do it online
What you need to know...
See Getting married or entering into a civil partnership for information on what documents to bring to your appointment.
We have a number of beautiful venues for weddings:
- Ceremonies Suite
- The Assembly Hall
- The Anti-Chamber
- The Mayor's Heritage Suite
- The Circle
- Council Chamber
- Suite 16
Prices available on request.
Please note that confetti is not allowed at weddings taking place in Lambeth Town Hall venues, including our Ceremonies Suite and the adjoining Courtyard. You are invited to bring bubbles, alternatively we will have bubbles that you can purchase at reception.
Now you have made the decision to marry or enter into a civil partnership, it’s time to get your all-important certificates.
Save time and money!
There will be instances where you and your partner will be asked to provide a marriage or civil partnership certificate, so why not save time and money and get them at the time of registration where you can purchase them for £4 each. After this time they will increase to £10. That’s a 60% discount!
We recommend a minimum of 5 certificates that you will need for a number of different reasons which include:
- Opening a joint bank account
- Mortgages / property holdings
- Life insurance / assurance polices
- Changing your name
- Renewing of vows
- If you decide to adopt a child
- Applying for probate
- Making a will
- Applying for visas if you decide to move abroad
- Divorce proceedings
- Family tree records
To make your day extra special we have a range of unique products on offer
- Choose from our fabulous selection of silver or gold photo frames to treasure the memories
- Sophisticated Lambeth crest folder as a keepsake for your marriage certificate
- Elegant silver and white scroll holder to protect the certificate or as a gift for someone
- If you’re off on your honeymoon perhaps you might be interested in choosing from our range of high quality passport holders to protect your new passport.
If you are interested in purchasing any of these products please ask at reception on the day of registration.
We wish you both the world of happiness and joy on your wedding day!