Apply for a wedding or civil partnership venue licence

Any venue used for the carrying out of civil marriages and the registration of civil partnerships must be approved by Lambeth Council.

Venue inspection

Once we receive your application, our licensing officers will arrange to inspect your venue. This inspection will include checks of the fire precautions, safety provisions and any associated paperwork, including inspection certificates, test logs, and so on.

You will also be required to advertise your application by placing a public notice in a local newspaper or similar publication. A template for this notice is included with the application form.

Objections to an application for approval of a venue may be made by any person within 21 days of publication of the public notice in a newspaper.