Apply for a wedding or civil partnership venue licence

Any venue used for the carrying out of civil marriages and the registration of civil partnerships must be approved by Lambeth Council.

Review a refused application

You can request a review if you are unhappy with our decision to:

  • refuse an application for approval
  • attach non-standard conditions to an approval
  • revoke an existing approval.

A written request must be sent to us to begin this process, accompanied by the appropriate fee. No fee is payable if the approval is revoked. A second hearing will then be arranged to review the previous decision.

No ceremonies can take place before an application has been approved.