Lambeth Council is committed to ensuring that new business can get support to start up and that businesses of all sizes can access support to grow.
Sections in this guide (click title to view)
1. Business advice
The London Growth Hub delivers lots of business support activity through an online portal and face to face advisors.
Support is available on the following topics:
- Starting your business
- Financing your business
- Finding and growing your team
- Premises and open workspace
- Managing your business
- Accessing new business.
The Growth Hub also runs a variety of events, including trade shows, workshops, networking opportunities and more.
Visit the London Growth Hub to find out more.
There are also a number of organisations and initiatives providing training and support to businesses in the borough who are keen to grow, including:
- Start-ups in London Libraries – supporting early-stage and aspiring entrepreneurs from Brixton Library
- Business Launchpad – support for young entrepreneurs aged 18-30
- OneTech – Capital Enterprise’s programme for underrepresented founders in tech
- Tree Shepherd – enabling local enterprise through collaborative networks and the talents of local people - part of the South London Innovation Corridor programme
- Business Solutions Centre - London South Bank University’s student-led centre offering support for business challenges
- Enterprise for London – providing advice, training, access to finance and ongoing support
Lambeth is committed to protecting and growing workspace in the borough.
Lambeth Works is the council’s award winning affordable and supportive workspace programme for start-ups, micro and small business. It represents a unique, strategic response to the need for more workspace and contributes to our drive to create a world-class business ecosystem.
The programme has used council assets to enable new workspace projects and has secured significant funding from the GLA and Strategic Investment Pot. The section 106 process has also been used to secure workspace in new developments, with further work underway to introduce an Affordable Workspace Policy in the draft revised Local Plan.
More information about the affordable workspaces that have been enabled and supported by the council can be found on the Lambeth Now’s the Time website. Other workspace in the borough is also listed on the London Growth Hub’s Open Workspaces map
3. Business loans
The London Growth Hub launch the Greater London Investment Fund in May 2019 to support growing SMEs who may lack the capital to expand their business through traditional private sector financing.
Managed by The FSE Group, the Fund aims to:
- Create jobs across Greater London
- Promote new product development and innovation
- Work with the wider finance community to increase reach.
Loans between £100,000 and £1 million are available over up to 5 years.
For further information and to apply, visit The FSE Group’s website.