An entertainment licence is required for performances in which children are due to work on set days with a specific production company.

Download and complete

Who can use this service

Sometimes you may not need to apply for an entertainment licence. If you are unsure whether or not you need a licence please check the application guidance for Performance Licences, Body of Persons Approvals and Exemption Requests.

If a child has not worked 6 months prior to performance, is not performing on school time and is not being paid they may be exempt from licencing. However the applicant will need to fill in a Exemption Application Form

Costs for this service

There are no costs for this service.

What you need to know...

A licence application must be completed in full and accompanied by all required documents by the applicant and the child’s guardian and received by the council no later than 10 days before the first date of the child’s performance.

For further guidance on how to make an application please see the children in entertainment licence guidance.

There are restrictions to the hours worked by children in entertainment.

In December 2014 the Children (Performances and Activities) (England) Regulations 2014 were laid before Parliament for consideration. The new regulations were approved and came into force on 6 February 2015. The Regulations set out the new licensing arrangement for children who are resident in England and film in the UK will be subject to these laws, as well as children who are resident abroad but filming in England.

Licences are usually issued 2 to 3 working days before the performance. If there are any problems with your application, we will be contact you within 2 working days.

Next Steps

Once you have completed the form, please send it to:

Child Employment Team
London Borough of Lambeth
PO Box 734
S023 5DG
020 7926 9503