Download and read the guidance notes before completing this form.
Download and complete
Costs for this service
There are two types of licence:
- site licences: for businesses which operate collection yards, offices, storage facilities or industrial units within Lambeth. These licences also allow metal to be collected by appointment and transported from sites in other areas.
- collector's licences: for businesses without sites which wish to collect scrap metal by way of door-to-door visits in Lambeth.
The fees for these are as follows:
Application for new scrap metal licence
- site licence £550.00
- collectors licence £280.00
Application to renew scrap metal licence
- site licence £420.00
- collectors licence £200.00
Application to vary scrap metal licence
- site licence £150.00
- collector’s licence £100.00
What you need to know...
You must not start to deal in scrap metal before your application has been granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact us.
Upon receipt of the completed application, we will add your details to our register and confirm your registration, allowing you to operate as a scrap metal dealer. Registrations are valid for three years, and can be renewed towards the end of this period by completing a new registration form.