Download and complete
Who can use this service
The maximum quantity of explosives that can be stored in registered premises may not exceed one of the following:
- 30kg of explosives of any hazard type
- 100kg of hazard type 3 explosives, or a combination of hazard type 3/4 explosives
- 250kg of hazard type 4 explosives
- 250kg of small arms ammunition and percussion caps, and 30kg of shooters powder.
Costs for this service
- £178 for an initial application for an explosives store licence, where separation distances are prescribed (one year)
- £83 for renewal of explosives store licence fee, where separation distances are prescribed (one year)
- £105 for initial explosives registration licence, where separation distances are not prescribed (one year)
- £52 for renewal of registration licence (one year)
- £35 for variation, transfer or replacement of licence or registration
What you need to know...
More information about premises licenses, along with forms to apply to change and transfer premises licences, is in the Fireworks and explosives licenses - guide page.