Premises within the borough that sell or supply alcohol, provide regulated entertainment, or sell hot food or drinks between 11pm and 5am (late night refreshment) must hold a Premises license (or, for members clubs only, Club Premises Certificate).

You can complain about premises that are either in breach of their license or where activities which should be licensed are taking place without a license.

Find licensed premises in Lambeth on our map

Do it online

What you need to know...


If you make a complaint your details will be kept confidential and will not be shared with any premises - or anyone linked to the premises - as part of any investigation carried out by the licensing team.

Complaints we do not investigate

We are unable to investigate some complaints:

  • Issues relating to crime and anti-social behaviour should be reported to the Metropolitan Police, or to your local Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
  • Issues relating to planning consents should be reported to the Planning service at Licensing and Planning operate as separate regulatory regimes, and businesses carrying on licensable activities will require both a licence and appropriate planning consent before they are legally entitled to operate.
  • While the Licensing Act 2003 does include public safety and public nuisance within its remit, it is not the primary legislation in respect of these issues. In the first instance, issues should be reported to either the London Fire Brigade, or our Health and Safety, Food Safety or Noise/Pollution teams, as appropriate.
  • Any issues relating to fire safety are now controlled under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, for which the London Fire Brigade are the enforcing body.