Guidance and tips on how to help us pay your invoice on time.
Lambeth Council upgraded our finance system in April 2018.
The new system will improve how we manage procurement within the Council as well as offering our suppliers opportunities in the future - such as additional ability to check on status of Purchase Orders and invoices.
If you have a purchase order that crosses the financial year - from 2017/18 to 2018/19 - you will receive a new purchase order number for the 2018/19 financial year. Please do not issue 2018/19 invoices quoting the old purchase order reference.
Please bear with us during the April period, as with any new implementation, there may be some impact around go-live.
Sections in this guide (click title to view)
1. How to Invoice
When invoicing us it is important that your invoice is headed clearly and states:
- the invoice number
- the invoice date
- a valid purchase order number
- the gross amount
- your VAT number (if you are registered for VAT).
If you fail to do this, your invoice may be rejected and returned to you for adjustment.
You should also:
- make sure the description of goods or services match with those on the purchase order
- include the location where the goods were delivered or service provided, and the name of the council officer who placed the order with you
- make sure each credit note quotes the invoice and purchase order to which it relates to.
- keep a record of the department and the contact details of the officer who placed the order. They will assist with any further queries on your invoice or purchase order.
Download: Help us pay your invoice on time
2. Avoid delays
To avoid delays, please do not duplicate your invoice numbers or quote more than one purchase order number.
Do not accept a request for goods or services without having a valid Lambeth purchase order number.
Do not quote prices, quantities or descriptions that differ from the purchase order without prior agreement.
Do not submit paper copies of invoices if you are signed up to e-invoicing as your invoice will not be processed and will be rejected.
3. Sending us your invoice
Send us your invoices as soon as possible after you despatch the goods or provide the service. Do not accumulate them.
Please do not send invoices in advance unless we have advised you to do so.
Send your invoice to:
PO Box 304
Care invoices should be sent to:
If you are VAT-registered, you can visit the HM Revenue and Benefits website for information on invoice requirements.
4. Help with e-invoicing
Lambeth promotes electronic invoicing for our suppliers through an e-invoicing solution.
If you need assistance with submitting your invoices on the e-invoicing portal or have any queries please contact the e-invoicing support team on:
E-invoicing Support Team
Telephone: 0345 519 6871