What is the early help offer for practitioners in Lambeth?
Following the successful early help Streatham Pilot which ran from June to November 2018, we'll be providing a new community early help offer which includes:
- named early help contacts for professionals across the borough - see below in the 'Contacts' section
- a multi-agency locality action panel (LAP) which meets every 2 to 4 weeks (depending on caseloads) where professionals can discuss complex cases and harness local help and resources for the children and families they support
- training on a range of issues relevant to families in Lambeth such as gangs and group violence, trauma and emotional wellbeing
- a practical toolkit for practitioners supporting families based on a framework of assess, plan, do, review.
Early help toolkit
You can download a copy of the full early help toolkit or individual parts from the download section below.
How can I access the community early help offer?
Practitioners working with families in Lambeth can access the offer by:
- using the toolkit and relevant documents below
- following the early help workflow when working with families with additional needs - download a copy of the early help workflow
- expressing an interest in being part of the community early help offer - to do this, email email@example.com or call 020 7926 9079.
- Natasha Nosworthy, early help locality manager (south west)
- Kafele Cruickshank-Fairman, MASH and integrated referrals coordinator (north and south east)
To contact the team email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7926 9079.