Following feedback from professional dog walkers, who all operate within different areas in Lambeth, we propose changing the terms and conditions and pricing framework.
We recently introduced a professional dog walking licence scheme in order to ensure that:
- All professional dog walkers are fully insured and follow a code of conduct when operating in our parks
- Access to and use of public open space for all visitors is maintained
- Professional dog walkers comply with best industry practice for the safety and enjoyment of their dogs and staff
- Any professional activities that are undertaken in parks help contribute towards ongoing maintenance and running costs
We have already increased the maximum number of dogs a professional dog walker can walk at any one time from four to six, in line with Defra’s maximum recommended.
We are now consulting on changes to the terms and conditions, and pricing framework, which we hope will benefit all park users, including professional dog walkers.
What are the proposed changes?
We are considering a three-tiered licence pricing structure to assist a range of businesses from small enterprises to established larger businesses. The proposed prices are:
- Licence to walk up to 2 dogs at a time – £50 per annum
- Licence to walk up to 4 dogs at a time – £100 per annum
- Licence to walk up to 6 dogs at a time – £300 per annum
For businesses who require multiple licences, it is proposed that the first license would be paid at the full rate, and subsequent licences receiving a 20% discount.
We are also proposing to offer an early bird discount on applications received before 31 December 2017, to get a 15 month licence for the price of 12.