We want your views on our Emergency School Street proposals. The consultation runs from 2 September to 2 March 2021.
Lambeth Council recognises the need to create environments which reduce road danger and help residents and school communities socially distance safely, remaining at least one meter apart from those outside their household where possible.
Advice on school travel is that parents, carers, children and young people should be encouraged to walk or cycle where possible, only driving if absolutely essential and avoiding public transport.
School Streets are temporary road closures to help facilitate safe, active travel. Emergency vehicles have full access to the road at all times but other motor vehicles, including those driven by parents to drop off or pick up children at the school gates, will be restricted at the beginning and end of the school day.
We currently have school streets at the following schools:
- Christ Church (Streatham) Church of England Primary School
- Walnut Tree Walk Primary School
- Van Gogh Primary School
- Van Gogh Primary School (Mostyn Site)
- Lark Hall Primary School
- St John's Angell Town Primary School
- Saint Mary's Catholic Primary School
- Telferscot Primary School
- Orchard Primary School
- Hitherfield Primary School
- Elm Wood Primary School
- Julian's Primary School West Norwood site
- St Luke's Church of England Primary School
- Woodmansterne Primary School
Schemes are being implemented initially on a trial basis of six months.
Feedback from this consultation will determine whether the schemes will become permanent.