Lambeth Council have been awarded a Parks for People development grant by the Heritage Lottery.
In 2016 a development grant of £241,000 from the Heritage Lottery was awarded to Lambeth Council, in partnership with the Friends of West Norwood Cemetery, to develop proposals to conserve and protect the ‘magnificent’ West Norwood Cemetery for future generations.
Throughout 2017, extensive specialist surveys and consultation were carried out to develop a HLF bid’s which looks to:
- restore and provide improved access to historic monuments;
- conserve and manage the cemetery’s natural and built environments;
- improve the cemetery’s infrastructure;
- provide facilities for visitors and volunteers;
- deliver activities and volunteering programme.
The extensive work carried out throughout 2017, in addition to the outcomes of the consultation held last summer, have helped shape the proposals for West Norwood Cemetery and inform how investment should be utilised.
We want to share progress with you on the bid’s designs and to gather more feedback to incorporate into the official bid submission to the HLF in August 2018.