Our updated Local Plan needs to plan adequately for housing growth and infrastructure in Lambeth. Complete the housing growth and infrastructure survey.
Current policy and what needs to change
The Mayor of London sets a housing target for the number of new homes that must be built in each borough each year. Since April 2015, Lambeth’s target has been 1,559 new homes each year and we have a very good track record in meeting and exceeding this target. We expect the Mayor’s new London Plan to set a higher target and our revised Local Plan needs to plan adequately for this level of housing growth and make sure we:
- safeguard and secure enough land in the right places for businesses which provide essential jobs and service
- plan for the infrastructure needed to support more people living and working in the borough - transport, schools, GP surgeries, energy, water and waste management
- protect and improve the health and well-being of people through every new development that is built
- prevent harm to the environment and improve it at every opportunity
- plan for particular accommodation needs of different people, such as families, students, older people, gypsies and travellers
- secure good quality accommodation that is fit to live in and attractive to look at
The current Lambeth Local Plan covers most of these issues but there are aspects that need updating to manage the growth in population and new housing.
How to respond
Complete the Housing growth and Infrastructure survey.
Respond to another part of the Lambeth Local Plan Review 2017
We have created separate online surveys that focus on ten key topics we think need to be considered through the partial review. You can respond to some or all of the topics that interest you by clicking on the separate links below.
If you think other aspects of the existing Local Plan need to be changed, please use the link to the General comments survey. The final link is for comments about the sustainability appraisal.
- Housing growth and infrastructure survey
- Affordable housing survey
- Self-build and custom-build housing
- Housing for older people
- Business and jobs
- Hotels and visitor accommodation
- Town centres
- Improving air quality
- Sustainability Appraisal
Please read the Lambeth Local Plan Review 2017 Consultation covering all of these subjects.