We want to know what you think about improvements to Norwood Road
The project background
Streetworks, a partnership between the local community, Lambeth Council and Transport for London, has been looking at ways to improve West Norwood and Tulse Hill. The project seeks to create a better town centre for people to live, work, study, travel and shop in. It will include better pedestrian safety, an improved environment and a stronger community.
About the proposed changes
Streetworks has been a community led effort – and the proposed changes are based on a series of workshops, stalls and events over the last year attended by many local residents and businesses. These discussions identified places which pedestrians find difficult to cross, areas of congestion and traffic build up, potential improvements to the pavements, opportunities to make the space greener and ways to make it safer for cyclists.
The proposals include:
- Upgrading paving, widening footways and raising the level of the road at the side junctions along Norwood Road between Chestnut Road and Leigham Vale
- Implementing diagonal crossing at Lancaster Avenue
- Creating a new zebra crossing at Harpenden Road
- Improvements to Waylett Place car park
- Creating a better pedestrian environment in Station Rise with a view to holding a street market and opening up the space for other street activity, by widening footways and relocating parking
We intend to begin work on Norwood Road in early August 2016 subject to statutory consultation on the changes where required. The works mentioned above are subject to further detailed design changes and funding approvals.
How to respondThis consultation ended on Wednesday 20 July 2016 and is now closed for responses.
|Summary Map of Norwood Road Consultation||882.38 KB|
|Example of a raised side road crossing||1.72 MB|
|Example of a diagonal crossing||514.78 KB|
|Annotated design for Tulse Hill diagonal crossing||3.46 MB|
|Annotated design for Tulse Hill Zebra crossing||4.79 MB|
|Example of a Copenhagen crossing||591.32 KB|
|Annotated design for Station Rise||3.11 MB|
|Annoted design for pavement widening - Option 1||1.55 MB|
|Annoted design for pavement widening - Option 2||748.06 KB|