Get involved and help us improve West Norwood Cemetery, by bidding for Heritage Lottery Funding.
West Norwood Cemetery is a very significant Grade II* listed site with huge heritage value, and also offers a vast peaceful resource in a densely populated part of the borough.
Lambeth Council, in partnership with the Friends of West Norwood Cemetery (FoWNC), have been awarded a grant by the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) to develop proposals to restore and improve West Norwood Cemetery for the future.
The project includes proposals to repair, re-instate and enhance the cemetery infrastructure- including its paths, boundaries and drainage, as well as restore, conserve, interpret and enable heritage.
We want to know what you think of the proposals.
- Norwood Cemetery: A history
- Norwood Cemetery: A new beginning
- Conservation, management and maintenance
- Masterplan showing HLF bid proposal
- Monuments and heritage restoration
- Increasing visitors and volunteering opportunities
- Improved facilities and visitor centre
- Improving access for all
How to respond
- Complete the survey online or get a paper survey from Norwood Cemetery office located at the cemetery’s entrance.
- Email the Project Team at email@example.com
- Come along to one of our drop-in sessions.
Find out more and meet the project team
This is your chance to see our proposals, ask any questions and tell us what you think, come meet us at: