Get involved and help us improve West Norwood Cemetery, by bidding for Heritage Lottery Funding.
Take a look at the outcomes to see feedback we received from local people about our bid for Heritage Lottery Funding for West Norwood Cemetery. Thanks to everyone who got involved and took the time to respond.
West Norwood Cemetery is a very significant Grade II* listed site with huge heritage value, and also offers a vast peaceful resource in a densely populated part of the borough.
Lambeth Council, in partnership with the Friends of West Norwood Cemetery (FoWNC), have been awarded a grant by the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) to develop proposals to restore and improve West Norwood Cemetery for the future.
The project includes proposals to repair, re-instate and enhance the cemetery infrastructure- including its paths, boundaries and drainage, as well as restore, conserve, interpret and enable heritage.
We want to know what you think of the proposals.
- Norwood Cemetery: A history
- Norwood Cemetery: A new beginning
- Conservation, management and maintenance
- Masterplan showing HLF bid proposal
- Monuments and heritage restoration
- Increasing visitors and volunteering opportunities
- Improved facilities and visitor centre
- Improving access for all
How to respond
- Complete the survey online or get a paper survey from Norwood Cemetery office located at the cemetery’s entrance.
- Email the Project Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come along to one of our drop-in sessions.
Find out more and meet the project team
This is your chance to see our proposals, ask any questions and tell us what you think, come meet us at: